The new year is approaching. To make it quick, here are a few things you can add to your list as an unsocial person.
- Be social. Yes, be social. There are many options out there. I’m not saying dive all in. Just take it one step at a time and all at your own pace and with your comfort first and foremost. Don’t seek out a crowd, but seek out situations that will allow you to exercise your social skills while not losing your cool.
- Find a hobby. Hobbies are fun. Hobbies allow us to focus. By putting your energy into something positive, you can benefit in many ways, like stress relief, increased creativity, improved self confidence, and social opportunity. Check out what Business Insider has to say about it.
- Discover what brings you true joy. Only you can determine this. in addition to hobbies, there are things you can do like travel, play video games, reading loads of books, and much more. Find it, stick with it. You can return to this when you are not having such a good day or when you need a boost.
- Figure out what you truly like. This will help you out in many ways. Not just socializing but possibly in your career. It can also change your outlook in life. Look at the various things in your life and determine your level of satisfaction with it. If you are unhappy, do your best to change it or change your attitude towards it.
- Achieve a task. I’m sure you have a long list of things you would like to knock off of your to-do list.
- Be kind to yourself. This is most important and not least. If you do not achieve all things, do not beat yourself up. Try to be reasonable in planning and do the best you can. Be happy with what you can and do achieve. Reward yourself for a job well done. And if you don’t do one darn thing, still celebrate being yourself.
Consider these things to have a good and successful 2015! Happy New Years to you all.